BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mumsy's Birthday

Even though my mom's birthday is tomorrow, my family decided to celebrate it during the weekend.  She loves shopping so we ended up driving all the way up to the Ontario Mills outlet stores.  It was extremely stuffy inside the mall and the massive crowd just made it worse.

I noticed the Coach factory was super crowded and wondered if there was some kind of event going on.  Stepping inside that store was probably my undoing.  It turns out, a lot of their merchandise was 30-50% off, and you receive an additional 30% off your entire purchase!  I ended up taking advantage of the promotion (because there's hardly ever a huge sale like this at the regular boutiques) and bought a new wallet:


I'm a big sucker for anything pink keke

Yeah, I know...shouldn't be spending so much over some silly wallet just because it's all fancy and has a label on it, right?  Well, I needed a new wallet anyway.  That's my justification =P I'm actually sad to part with my current Hello Kitty wallet, but it's starting to fall apart and I think it's time to let go before it suffers anymore damage...

There was a purse I wanted but I resisted and fought the urge to buy it.  The wallet was already a bit costly and adding a purse to the bill is out of the question.  However!  My mom actually bought that same purse I wanted and decided to give it to me because she bought another one for herself.

 
I'm still so surprised and ecstatic~ Thanks mumsy!  I should be the one buying her gifts since it's her birthday and all, not the other way around!  But I've learned over the years to not buy any gifts for her because she always returns everything I buy her.  Sad, isn't it?  She's just an extremely picky woman.  Instead, I just pay for her birthday lunch/dinner.  Food is her ultimate comfort.  Plus, she can't return it! =P

I also bought a cake from JJ Bakery in Irvine:


Came in a cute box!


It's vanilla-flavored sponge cake topped with strawberries and peaches.



My parents loved it!  They're not a big fan of the overly sweet Americanized cakes.  But since Asian cakes are never really sweet, this was perfect for them.  Even the frosting wasn't too sweet, and I usually hate frosting.  So it was definitely approved by the "Phamily."  =) I told my mom that the number of strawberries and candles signified her age--there were 5 strawberries and 3 candles, hence 53!  She had a surprised look and asked, "Did you ask the sales people to do that?  Or was it already like that?"  But I just gave her a mysterious smile and looked away.  She'll never know!  Bwuahaha...

<3,
Juju

0 comments: