BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Retail Therapy

Yesterday was payday at work and it was probably my biggest check I've earned so far.  I've been feeling extremely exhausted from working so many hours so I decided to pamper myself a bit and go on a mini shopping spree with Diane.  We were originally supposed to go karaoke at the KTV in City of Industry, but we didn't wake up early enough for their happy hour =( But it's okay...some shopping therapy didn't hurt either =P

Since I'm sick of South Coast (I feel like that's my second home!), Diane and I headed over to Fashion Island.  I wanted to check out the Juicy store since they're currently having their friends & family sale.  After much debate, I decided to splurge and purchase this pink velour jacket:

 
I love the design on the back!  Usually, I stay away from any kind of designs because I think they're flashy...but I thought this was cute.  And it's baby pink!  Lol...yes, I know I know, how girly...


I've been eyeing it for awhile and could never bring myself to buy it because it's on the expensive side.  But since I'm earning a bit more now, I wanted to treat myself.  Life is short, so you should indulge yourself once in awhile! That is my philosophy (which usually causes me to end up broke haha). 

I love the Urban Outfitters at Fashion Island because they have a wider selection of merchandise.  I wanted to buy some new tights but it was a bit pricy there, so I ended up getting some at Forever 21:


I am in love with this necklace I bought too ~ hopefully it doesn't end up rusting too soon...

Afterwards, we wanted to try some cupcakes from Sprinkles.  I've never tried their cupcakes before so I had high expectations since I've heard many rave reviews about them.  When we arrived, there was a really long line outside!  It reminded me of the insane long lines at 85 degrees bakery and I was hesitant about waiting...I mean, they're just cupcakes...are they that worth it?  But we decided to wait since it was our first time and all.  One cupcake was $3.25 (expensive imo)!  We ended up getting a box of four ($13) because we couldn't decide on one flavor:


I chose the Black & White (which is just chocolate with vanilla frosting) and red velvet; Diane chose the milk chocolate cupcake and also a red velvet.  I only ate the Black & White one because I was too full...one cupcake is so filling!  Now I know why they cost so much... So what's my verdict on the infamous Sprinkles cupcakes?  They're actually quite delicious!  The texture is very smooth and soft, and I like how the frosting and cake just melt together in my mouth.  Also, I like how there isn't a mountain of frosting on the cupcakes, unlike Mrs. Beasley's!  Man, just eating all the frosting on Mrs. Beasley's cupcakes is filling...and their frosting is just gross.  I remember BBW used to always receive free leftover cupcakes from them because they didn't want to just toss them at the end of the day.  This was what I brought home one night:


So many cupcakes!  And at no expense!  I'm surprised I'm not fat from sugar overload. 

Anywho, I basically just spent way too much money today.  And I need to purchase some contacts soon too (great...more money...)! If only I had a garden full of money trees...

<3,
Juju

0 comments: