BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 14, 2010

You're never too old to love Hello Kitty

I've been debating whether or not I want to go to LA to visit this Hello Kitty (HK) mini expo they're having.  For those of you who don't know, I'm a HUGE Hello Kitty fan.  I'm not going to say "addict", because I know some people who are seriously obsessed.  But I am a big HK lover.  And if there's anyone who says HK is for younger girls, well poo to you!  You're never too old to love HK!  It's the same as all the older Disney lovers out there (which I personally am!).  If adults can love Mickey and all other things Disney, then why can't they love HK as well?  Am I right or am I right? =P

Back to the mini expo event, I'm just not sure if it's worth it to drive all the way to LA.  I went to their latest tour event at the District in Irvine a week ago and I was a bit disappointed.  It was a much smaller event than I thought it would be and I didn't think it was worth it to wait in line to buy their limited edition items (they were selling special merchandise for Hello Kitty's 50th anniversary).  I only managed to take a few pictures before I eventually decided to just leave and go to Kitty House instead:


The view from where I stood in line. 





What if I drove a truck like this?


I sneaked a peek at this and my jaw dropped.  A HK smart car?!  What will they come up with next? x)

I made poor Diane wait in line for ten minutes before I decided to leave.  She's not a HK lover like I am so waiting in line with her wasn't such a great idea.  Especially if I have to look at her sour expression --> (-_-)'''  I need someone who loves HK to hang out with! Haha.  How can you not love sanrio items?  They're so cute!  The other day, I saw these adorable earmuffs at H&M:


A little bit blurry because it was a quick snapshot.  I didn't want to get yelled at for taking photos in the store =/

Although they were so cute, I resisted buying them because I couldn't see myself wearing them in public without attracting odd stares.  I know I shouldn't care about what others think, but I'm just paranoid like that =(

However, I must say I am a proud owner of these recent HK items:



Here's a better picture of the rain boots.

I've been searching far and wide for that HK apron!  I was getting pretty depressed until I saw it at the Sanrio in Westminster Mall today.  *squeals*  Haha, yes I'm crazy... Now I'm just waiting for it to rain so I can wear my rain boots!  But I don't think it'll be pouring anytime soon...

What's your favorite Sanrio character?  Mine, besides Hello Kitty, is Pochacco.  But he's a classic character that's not really featured in the stores anymore...My newest favorite is Chococat.  =) *sigh* I can already see my future daughter being pampered with Sanrio love hehe.

<3,
Juju

0 comments: