BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Kogi Heaven

I finally got a chance to observe my younger sister learn how to drive on the street tonight!  She looked so cute squinting her beady little eyes and trying to focus on the road, but I can tell she was quite nervous.  So I decided to behave and not tease her like I always do.  Seeing how nervous she was reminded me of the days when my dad started training me how to drive for the first time...*sigh* Those were some pretty stressing days...all I remember is my dad alerting me about every single thing his eyes spied on..."Watch out for the curb!"  "Stop at that the stop sign!"  "Be careful of the bird!"  Haha yes, my dad was afraid of me crashing into a bird -.- But he seemed so mellow when supervising my sister's driving.  Maybe he lost all his energy to critique after witnessing my driving.  I'm not that bad of a driver, right?  Right.  =P

Anyways, as I was silently smiling at my sister's uneasy expression, I noticed we passed the Kogi truck on Von Karmon!  At first I thought I was just seeing things, but it was actually there!  What a random, inconspicuous place for it to be.  But then again, that's a good thing because the line wasn't too long; we only waited for 20 minutes.  I was excited to finally get a taste of what everyone has been raving about and kept thinking "These babies better be good!" while waiting in line x)



Sorry for the bad picture.  I couldn't place the tacos in a more aesthetically pleasing position since they were overfilled with sauce, korean bbq, and lettuce. 

So what's my verdict on these small, overstuffed tacos?  I give it 4/5 stars.  They were surprisingly a bit spicy, which my sensitive taste buds aren't used to.  But I really liked the sauce because even though it was a bit spicy, there was a hint of zesty lemon to cancel out the spice.  The meat was simply delicious!  So...are these tacos worth waiting for in line?  For 20 minutes maybe...even 40 min (that's my max) but not for 2 hours.  However, I'm sure there are plenty of crazy devoted kogi fans out there that are willing to wait night and day for them.  Have fun with that ^^

Before I go, I wanted to share this MV with you all.  It features a korean artist named IU and her acoustic version of SNSD's "Gee," Big Bang's "Lies," and Super Junior's "Sorry Sorry."  I absolutely LOVE her voice and her rendition of these songs!  Especially "Lies" since that's one of my favorite Big Bang songs.  Hope you all enjoy listening to her because I sure do!



<3,
Juju

1 comments:

Karen Chen said...

Aw, I haven't tried Kogi yet but it's good to hear you gave it a 4/5 haha.

I love IU! She's such an underrated artist and she has an amazingggg voice for someone so young. I just hate how she always only does covers of other artists songs when she is on shows haha. But also her company needs to give her better songs more suited to her voice!