BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chúc Mừng Năm Mới

Happy New Year to all my fellow Asians =P

So, apparently the Vietnamese celebrate this year as the year of the cat, rather than the rabbit.  Does anyone know why?  I mentioned it to my dad but all he said was, "It's because the Vietnamese don't like rabbits."  Hm, not so helpful...lol.

To celebrate the new year, South Coast Plaza has a special display of a rabbit float in front of Macy's:


I like the gold coins O.O


A closer view

Every lunar new year, my parents stock up on huge pots of orchids and cherry blossom trees, and hang red envelopes on them.  They call them good luck trees x)  Since I have no space to display cherry blossoms in my room, I had to improvise with my mini good luck tree.


I'm surprised I still receive red envelopes at my age.  But hey, I'm not complaining.  Gotta enjoy it while it lasts!  

<3, 
Juju

0 comments: