BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Palty Hair Dye in "Juicy Peach "

Spring is rolling around the corner and my sister wanted to sport a new, edgy hairstyle.  I suggested she try cutting her hair into a short bob, with one side longer than the other.  It came out pretty successful and she loves it :)  She also wanted to color her hair and I was skeptical at first because I personally think she looks good with black hair.  Also, since it's her first time coloring her hair, I was unsure how much color would actually show up.  It took me several color treatments until I was satisfied with my brown hair.

But that's where Palty hair dye comes in.  Palty is a Japanese hair dye collection aimed towards Asian hair.  That's what differentiates it from over-the-counter Americanized hair dyes like L'Oreal, Revlon, or Garnier.  I've never used Palty before so Diane was my guinea pig ahaha!

Here's some of the available colors (I'd be a bit concerned for anyone who would color their hair "Jewelry Ash"...unless it's for some costume/cosplay purposes):


She picked out "Juicy Peach," which is like a light brown with a hint of orange.  One box contains the following:

 
1) Hair dye
2) Oxide Water
3) Brush tip applicator
4) Tsubaki Oil
5) Protective gloves
6) Instructions (wish there were English ones!) 

Here's Diane before:


During the coloring process:


And the end results:


Craaazy, right?  This is with no previous bleaching or coloring whatsoever!  I'm SO impressed with how bright and vivid the color came out!  And the dye didn't dry out her hair as much.  It just looks healthy and full of shine, and even closely resembles the expected hair color on the box:


Now I want to dye my hair again but I think I might need 2 boxes for my long hair.  I was a bit hesitant to use over-the-counter hair dyes again because I've had a bad history with them.  Usually, I dye my hair at a salon because I trust my stylist.  But now...I think using Palty would be a less expensive way to play around with color =)

<3,
Juju

2 comments:

SWEET✫RICE BLOG said...

how long did you leave the dye in for? i want to dye my hair that same color, but i don't know how long to leave it in for... help!! X_X

Unknown said...

The instructions suggests to leave it in for 20 min, but I left it on for about 25 min just to let the dye soak in more. Don't leave it on for more than 30 min though, otherwise you'll be damaging your hair too much! Hope that helps =)