BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 21, 2011

Pride

I've lived in a bubble most of my life and as a result, I'm much more sheltered and oblivious than others.  It took me a little longer to realize this, but not everyone is going to like you for who you are.  There's always someone who will criticize, judge, or hate you.  And if you can't reconcile with them, then there's really nothing more you can do than to just accept it and move on.  But that's easier said than done.

I was raised to treat others as I would like to be treated.  And sometimes, there are just stubborn people who will take advantage of that and try to trample all over me.  If I knew there was someone who disapproved of me, then I immediately question and blame myself.  But I have to realize that it's not always  my fault.  My low self-esteem and paranoia usually gets the best of me, and that's what I need to correct.  Why must I waste my time and lose sleep over such people?  They are so blinded by their own spiteful convictions, that it's impossible to reason with them.  I know there will always be haters and I shouldn't let what they think affect me.  But when they start to judge my character without properly hearing me out first, then I get upset.

Who are you to judge me?

Based on some misunderstanding, you'll always see me as this greedy little liar.  And it hurts that you even think of me that way.  I have integrity, I have morals.  And by accusing me of such actions, you insult everything I stand for.  You insult my pride.  But there's nothing more I can do or say to persuade you.  So just remain stubborn and think whatever you want to think.  I know who I am, and that's all that matters.  Pretend like nothing happened.  Smile at me, I'll smile back.  But underneath it all, I know you'll always think of me that way, and it will never be the same as before.  You may no longer be angry, but your words will always hurt my pride.  And for that, I can never see you as the same person again.

0 comments: