BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 13, 2010

My first bow ring

I decided to get in touch with my creative side tonight and worked on a mini sewing project.  Earlier, I remembered watching a video of Momusu performing "Aruiteru" in their NINE concert and wanted to replicate a bow ring that Sayumi was wearing in it.  It took about 30 minutes to sew (by hand) and I'm quite pleased with the end results:


I never realized how wrinkly and gross my hands are until now lol

Front View

Back View

The actual bow itself was a bit bigger than I originally wanted but I think it's still pretty cute; Sayumi's bow ring was actually bigger than mine and covered more of her hand.  The ring is definitely an accessory for girls who like the Japanese Hime/Princess look...or even for girls who like to cosplay (lolita or maid, perhaps?).  I actually made the ring from leftover black fabric and white lace that I used to make my Japanese maid cosplay last year for Anime Expo x) But honestly, you can use any colored fabric/ribbon to make this.  The ring itself is a piece of ribbon, so it's not quite sturdy.  One way you can remedy this is by using a hot glue gun to attach it to an old ring that you might already have.  However, I do not own a hot glue gun so I'll just bear with my flimsy ring. 

I'm debating if I want to make a video tutorial on how to make this, because there aren't many out there on youtube.  However, there's a million tutorials on how to make the actual bow haha.  What do you guys think?

<3,
Juju

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christina Huh
Haha, honestly I used to make fun of the hime/lolita/gyaru looks, but they've started to grow on me. There's a girl on Youtube who makes the cutest Hime stuff. She has other tutorials too, so check out her channel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGH8JXFnSgM