BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Prom is coming up~

So I've dedicated the last two weekends to hunting for the perfect prom dress, shoes, and accessories for Diane's upcoming prom...and let me just say I am exhausted!  It may seem like I love to shop till I drop but I really only shop for 2 hours or less.  I don't know how some girls can stand walking around all day and browsing through multiple stores.  Maybe it's because I feel older now so I'm not as genki like I used to be?  I think Diane and I visited every store around the block...my feet and head hurts... 

BUT--

We finally found a dress for her!  Here's a pic of her wearing it:



I think it's sooo cute!  It's definitely something I would've worn to my high school prom since it perfectly fits my personal style.  I'm surprised that Diane even liked it since her style clashes with my own; she kept exclaiming on and on about how she never thought she'd pick such a girly pink dress.  The major thing that stood out to her was how it sparkles.  Apparently she's all about sparkles and glitter...she probably wouldn't even mind wearing a disco ball to prom.  I love the fact that the dress is a soft pink baby doll with gorgeous cherry blossom patterns on it!  The more she wears it, the more she loves it too so no more drowning in endless prom dresses for us!  I will probably steal the dress for a special occassion or two in the future also...ehehe...I'm still amazed that we found it at such an unexpected place and at such an unbelievably affordable price!  The place?  Ross!  Crazy, right?  Well, for us both anyways...I hardly shop there because I can't stand the crowds and the messiness of all the merchandise.  You really have to have patience shopping in places like that...and I don't have much patience x) Now Diane just hopes no one else wears the same exact dress lol.

She was starting to lose hope for finding a dress too.  We stumbled upon this display at Macy's today and thought it'd be cool if she wore this to prom:



すごいですね!  It's created with actual playing cards since it's inspired by "Alice in Wonderland!"  Gosh, wouldn't it be awesome if I could construct something like that? *dreams*

Since I've been trying to think of make-up and hair ideas for Diane, I decided to share one hair tutorial on youtube.  It's a look that's inspired by the pictures in my Japanese magazines...I absolutely love the soft, loose curls and the double-braided headband!  I was too lazy to scan the original photo of it from the magazine, so here's a picture of Sayumi from Morning Musume modeling it:


She looks much cuter with it than me keke

 Here's a back view of the hairstyle on me.  Again, they're very loose, natural-looking curls:


Sorry for the bright lights.  I was standing under my skylight which wasn't such a great idea...

I know that there are probably other youtubers who have already replicated this look before me, but this is how I personally achieve the look.  I don't want anyone thinking I stole their idea or anything...I never even claimed it was my own personal creation; it's just something inspired from my magazines as I mentioned earlier.  I will probably remove the video by the end of this week--after prom is over for most high school students--because I just feel weird having a video of myself for all to see on the internet.  The only reason I uploaded it in the first place was b/c I suddenly felt inspired to share any tips with the public...but once I uploaded it, I felt embarrassed haha.

Hope you all think it's helpful though~

<3,
Juju

P.S.
I just watched Disney's "The Princess and the Frog" and thought it was such a cute movie.  The animations remind me of those classic Disney movies I used to watch as a kid =) Also, there's this one funny blind old voodoo lady named Mama Odie who has a pet snake.  Guess what the snake's name is?  JUJU!  So I kept bursting out laughing everytime Mama Odie screamed for Juju in a high-pitched voice when she was in a tough situation haha!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so energized for prom, however picking your prom dress style feels like even more a dedication than saying yes to a date. There are such a significant number of choices out there, and it tends to be elusive one that truly feels like you. Try not to try and kick us off on frill. A sure thing is dependable to go someplace reasonable around the local area and get yourself a pleasant minimal Prom Dresses Cheap you can spruce up. Here at Must-have dresses, I found a various style of prom dress hire Scotland which everyone love to wear for the event or party.