BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tokidoki Love

So today I waited in line for 3 hours to meet Simone Legno, the artist and creator of the brand Tokidoki =) Man, I felt like such a nerd waiting in line all by myself while everyone had at least one other person to share their excitement with haha... but it was still fun.  He was signing autographs in Sephora over at South Coast Plaza.  I rushed over there after work--still in my apron and everything--and ended up being second to last in line so yay!  I thought he would've been gone by the time I was done with work x) So apparently you need to get a wristband in order to wait in line...and in order to get the wristband, you have to spend $25 in the new Tokidoki make-up collection.  So I decided to purchase this eyeshadow quad:


The Top View


I really like the green!  The colors are shimmery and pretty decent.  They don't have much staying power so you'll definitely need an eyeshadow primer...but they are actually more pigmented than I originally thought.  The packaging is simply ADORABLE, as with all other Tokidoki merchandise.  Yes, I'm one of those girls that fall head over heels over packaging (don't laugh at me Truyen!).  The only thing I thought could be improved is the mini brush.  To me, it is completely useless because it barely picks up any of the colors.  Also, having a mini mirror in the palette would be nice...it's not necessary, but it would be convenient whenever you want to do any touch-ups throughout the day.  OH!  I forgot to mention...(this is probably the main reason I bought this)...the palette comes with a Bastardino keychain!  It's one of my favorite Tokidoki characters...soooo adorable!  I still can't believe it's called "Bastardino" though...such a cute character with such a bizarre name lol


The whole make-up collection is indeed "criminally cute."  I love it all! =)

It was so fun meeting all the Tokidoki fans in line--everyone was so sweet and friendly.  I took some more random pictures while waiting:


There was a person who dressed up as Sandy


I love the cactus kitty!  I'm actually not sure what its' name is but I just call it cactus kitty x)

Apparently Simone wasn't just giving out autographs but also individual sketches of whatever Tokidoki character we liked!  I originally wanted him to draw Bastardino but instead I requested the cactus kitty because I thought it was cuter.  I kept debating if I wanted him to sketch it on my BBW apron or on the inside of my tokidoki purse...in the end, I asked him to sketch it on my apron because I felt like he would've had a wider canvas to work on. 


Here he is sketching Tsuru for a girl in front of me


lol when I showed him my apron, he asked me, "Wow, this is the first time someone asked me to draw on their apron!  Do you like to cook a lot?"  And I told him "Uhm...I actually have no idea how to cook...that is actually my work apron" and he gave me a funny crooked smile hehe  


Dude he is SO TALL.  He's not even standing up straight in this picture either because he had to lean a bit lower since I'm a short oompa loompa LOL.  But he was super sweet and down-to-earth.  And I love his thick Italian accent ahaha I can't believe he spent six hours meeting fans and sketching character requests straight through!  I heard he didn't take any breaks at all so it must've been equally tiring for him as it was for his fans...The first thing I said to him was, "How are your wrists holding up?  I hope they're not going to fall off soon" and he just laughed. 

So yeah!  I'm super happy now.  I don't think I will ever wear this apron because I'm too afraid that the sketch will fade away lol.  Maybe I should've asked him to sketch it on paper instead...oh well!

Afterwards, I went to go eat at Hmart with Diane.  I ordered the bugolgi tofu stew and she ordered some noodles (I forgot what the dish was called):


Sizzlin' hot!


I didn't get to try it but it looked yummy


It was sooo delicious!  Haven't had Korean food in awhile~

Now I'm so tired and full!  Gotta wake up early tomorrow for church and find Pelican Hills at Newport Beach so I can help set up for a corporate conference.  Dun dun dun...

<3,
Juju

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christina:
AHHHH I'M JEALOUS. I liked Tokidoki before it was big in the states because of my visit to Japan senior year of hs. Yup this is a comment on how indie and hip I am.